I am currently working from a waiting list for psychotherapy services but often have slots come open. I am happy to try to coordinate a consultation.
Therapy is a collaborative partnership to which we bring our own unique experiences and strengths. Every person is different and wants to achieve different goals and outcomes in therapy. Therefore, each person’s therapy will be an individual and distinctive experience. At the heart of therapy is the relationship between the person and the therapist. I strive to provide a safe, supportive, and nurturing space. This is based on listening and communicating in a warm, empathic, and non-judgmental way, and can include a variety of techniques and supports.
Supporting your growth is the focus of any therapy. I bring mindfulness practices and approaches into session in a variety of ways having found them so deeply helpful to me and to my clients. This creates an environment to better understand yourself and your mind and is the foundation of growth and change. This mindful approach takes into account the neural networks and pathways that make up who you are now and the mechanisms for how you would like that to change.
Psychotherapy and counseling can occur on an individual basis, with couples and , and in group settings. My practice includes serving people from a broad cultural, psychosocial, and sexual identity and orientation spectrum and includes helping people:
- who have experienced significant trauma, including acute situational trauma or long term complex and relational trauma
- people challenged with dissociative characteristics including Dissociative Identity Disorder
- wanting help with relational issues such as infidelity, intimacy, and relational communication
- dealing with the intense grief and loss that we as humans experience in our impermanence
- struggling with intense emotions including depression, anxiety, and related to personality disorders
- focused on self development and wanting support through life changes