After many years working in the behavioral health and disabilities field in systems and organizational roles, I recognized that my core focus was to help ensure that individuals were able to draw on their inherent capabilities, strengths, and creativity for personal and relational growth and development. Drawing on a lifelong endeavor of personal development and training and bringing a wealth of experience and compassionate self-awareness provides the framework for providing engaged psychotherapy, growth focused training in mindfulness, and support for organizations to support individuals in their growth and development.
I see life as a continuing opportunity for growth and have used a spiritually focused mindfulness practice and training and skills in interpersonal neurobiology to develop myself and focus on my own healing and growth. This has helped me ground myself and be able to recognize the challenges we all face in creating a happy and fulfilled life.
I have personally worked on my own challenges and growth for many years. My own experience with therapy and a dedicated mindfulness practice helped me to focus a life of work to support services to individuals in a variety of capacities. I realized that I sincerely wanted to again work with individuals, to help them with their challenges and in their growth and development. I believe I can bring a wealth of experience and training to do just that.
Relationships are at the heart of being a person. Therapy is a collaborative partnership to which we bring our own unique experiences and strengths. This creates a safe, supportive, and nurturing space which supports growth. Every person is unique; therefore, your therapy will be an individual and personal experience. I will bring mindfulness practices and approaches into session in a variety of ways having found them so deeply helpful to me and to my clients. This creates an environment to better understand yourself and your mind and is the foundation of growth and change.
As a certified clinical trauma professional, I draw on several well researched trauma and experiential psychotherapy methods, including mindfulness strategies, coherence therapy, parts work, somatic focused approaches, sand tray, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR).
I am committed to helping couples and partners reach new levels of relational health. Working with a variety of different types of partners and relationships, I invite these individuals to join me in a relational exploration of growth and healing in a safe and supportive space.
In addition to clinically focused skills, I have over 35 years of dedicated experience in healthcare and long term services management, organizational operations, and service systems development, implementation, and oversight. This includes executive management experience in healthcare at the local, state, and national levels and work with the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Many collaborations with organizations and efforts in the field have contributed to significant systems improvements.
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor, License No. 80125
- Florida Telehealth Provider #TPMC1694, https://www.flhealthsource.gov/telehealth/
- Masters degree in clinical mental health counseling. Lamar University
- Masters of Business Administration degree in health care management, University of Dallas
- Nationally Certified Counselors #1095813
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- EMDRIA EMDR Certified Therapist
- EMDRIA Consultant in Training
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Coherence Therapy
- EMDR including “The Progressive Approach” and “Attachment Focused EMDR”
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Relational Life Therapy couples work
- Gottman Method couples work
- Mindfulness Meditation and Techniques
- International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation
- EMDR International Association
- IPNB Psychotherapy of Austin
- Mindful Wellness Center of Austin
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Association’
- Texas Sandtray Association
- American Counseling Association